Learn about the hidden environmental costs of digital products and how you can design more sustainable digital products.
Tools and frameworks
- B Impact Assessment is a tool a company can use to measure its impact on its workers, community, environment, and customers.
- ClimateAction.Tech guide: Reduce the carbon emissions of your website
- Climate Justice 101 Guide by Work on Climate’s climate justice learning group
- Cloud Carbon Emissions Measurement and Analysis Tool
- Planet Centric Design
- Principles of Green Software Engineering
- Sustainable Design Tools
- Sustainable Web Design
- Tools for Sustainable Innovation by Threebility
- Website Carbon Calculator
- Sustainable Virtual Design
- SustainableBusinessModel.org presents academic research on business models for sustainability.
- Design Is the Problem: The Future of Design Must be Sustainable
- Designing for Sustainability
- World Wide Waste
Organizations to follow
- ClimateAction.tech is a worldwide community connecting tech workers that want to learn more about climate action, discover climate jobs and more.
- The Green Web Foundation offers a directory of green hosting providers and other useful green hosting tools.
- Work on Climate is an action-oriented Slack community for people serious about climate work.
- SustainableUX is an online free conference for UX, front-end, and product people interested in sustainability